How to Commission a Portrait and Artwork
Commissioning an artwork from Jaq starts with a discussion about what you would like for your painting. Any subject is possible, from portraits to still-life to fantasy or surrealism.
Portraits can be painted from life, from photographs or a combination of both. During a photoshoot sitting Jaq will experiment with lighting, poses and concepts to get the best look possible that suits the personality of the sitter.
Portraits are available in several mediums: oil paint, charcoal drawing, and watercolour.
Jaq also does portrait sculptures in bronze and relief portrait sculptures by commission.
All portraits are of the highest quality materials and will create a beautiful heirloom that will last for centuries.
A portrait painting or a portrait drawing from Jaq starts with a discussion about what you would like. A call or email is the first step towards organising your artwork where you and Jaq can discuss in further detail what you want.
If you are interested in commissioning a portrait, please email email@example.com for a quote, or call 0438013005 to chat about what you would like.
Commissions outside Australia may have an extra fee to cover travel and accommodation.
The time it takes to complete a portrait depends on the complexity and size, but please allow a few months – a portrait is a work of love and care and takes time.
Prices below are in Australian dollars and are for a high quality, fully finished, unframed painting. Framing can be included but would be discussed as to the best option once the project is underway.
All paintings are done on the highest quality archival materials at museum level.
These prices are for portraits of a single person. If there are more people in the portrait then the price may change depending on the complexity. Prices include GST.
40cm x 30cm $4000 Head only
50cm x 40cm $5000 head and shoulders
60cm x 45cm $8000 Head and Shoulders
75cm x 60cm $12,000 Half body with hands
90cm x 60cm $14,000 Half Body with hands
100 cm x 80cm $16,000 Larger than half body with hands
120cm x 85cm $22,000 Full body
150cm x 90cm $29000 Full body
Charcoal and graphite black and white portrait on quality archival paper
- 40cm x 30cm $2500 Head only
50cm x 40cm $3500 head and shoulders
60cm x 45cm $500 Head and Shoulders
Prices exclude framing.
For all portrait Commissions a non Refundable 25% deposit is required to secure a place on the schedule list for one of my portraits, the remaining 75% to be paid on completion of the portrait.
These prices are current until 1st December 2023